Monday, July 2, 2012

What's your flavour?

What kind of vacation makes your mouth water? Do you like it spicy and adventure filled? Do you like it candy floss sweet? How about a nutty and earthy camping vacation?  I like them all. But to truly relax, I need a pina colada vacation.

As in... bring me 2 pina coladas; I want one for each hand. (Garth Brooks)

I love the beach. I love the sun. I love the breeze. I love turquoise ocean water. I love sea shells. I love the island pace. I love steel drum music.

I don't want to rent a condo and cook meals myself. For goodness sake, I own a restaurant and literally cook for 1000s of people every week. Why would I want to cook on vacation? Heck I could survive a week on pretzels and pina coladas if it meant I didn't have to cook. It wouldn't bother me one bit!

I definitely don't want to bike across the country and experience the dirt in my teeth and sweat on my brow.

I definitely don't want to spend more than 4 consecutive hours in a car with my family. Ever! I've done it. It's hell.

I want to stay in a hotel with amenities. I want the deluxe view. And I want to see palm trees.

Sight seeing.... frankly, I can take it or leave it. While I do love to learn about cultures and climate and industry, I don't really need to see it myself to believe it.  A bed, the ocean, a lounge chair and an umbrella are all I really need to be happy on vacation.  I have learnt, that in all my happy places palm trees are present. My ideal vacation requires palm trees.

Truly, that's the beauty of things. There are as many "flavours" of vacations, as there are individual tastes. If we are lucky enough to find our happy place, and through self-discovery find out what truly  makes our hearts soar, then we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment