Friday, January 24, 2014

Simply Fabulous Friends

Today, I was feeling pretty low and then something awesome happened. I got a chance to see three of my friends, each at work, doing their thing. Each told me that I looked lousy. Each asked me how I was. One went so far as to ask me repeatedly if I was ok, or maybe sick, or maybe just in need of a vacation. He simply wouldn't let me "get away" with the stat, "I'm fine."

What happened next was awesome. They each helped. Heather, who is a massage therapist worked on my back and wrist and helped take away my pain. But she also made me laugh. We laughed a lot.

At the grocery store, Greg made me laugh too. He mocked my purchases and wouldn't let me leave the store without the flyer's weekly bonus points. It feels great to have a friend who knows me that well and makes the effort to turn my day around.

And Steve took extra special care of a gift, at the print shop on my behalf. The gift recipient will be very pleased. But the bonus gift to me, in this situation, was the few minutes Steve and I talked about how precious children are. He and his lovely wife are expecting a child in mere weeks.  And of course I love my kids very much. It was a great conversation and I left feeling good about my family again.

I also learnt a valuable lesson, overall, today. Wear makeup! Apparently, without it I look like hell. Good to know! LOL  And if your friends can't tell you that.... get new friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment