Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bucket List

Having a 'bucket list' has become about as common as wearing eyeglasses. And whether you have one or not, whether you've seen the movie or not, you GET the concept.

It's basically a very personal, very cool list of things you want to see and/or do before you "kick the bucket."  Glamourous slang isn't it?

My bucket list is a work-in-progress. I have a few little things that I want to do in the near future, and aspirations to have a grandiose list at some point. But in the meantime, I've realized I've done a whole lot of really cool things that IF I'd planned or could have dreamt up, then I probably would have had them on the list.

So maybe my list is a reverse list. A "been there, done that" list of very cool things that I've actually experienced.

In no particular order:
  • Took my kids to Hawaii
  • Met Teemu Selanne and talked "Jets" with him for a few minutes. And he signed his hockey card. 
  • Sat front row at the Katy Perry concert in the Bahamas. A concert for 400 people in the ball room. She was on top of the charts and days later announced a world tour. 
  • Sat behind home plate at a sold out one-night-only MLB game 
  • Accidentally ended up in the NY Yankees' office. Saw their World Series trophies on display. 
  • Spontaneously went to an Eastern Finals game in the NHL. Was awed by the goalie (Tim Thomas) who would win the Vezna trophy and a Stanley Cup just weeks later.
  • Saw the first NHL game between the Coyotes and the Jets 2.0
  • Saw future Hall-Of-Fame Quarterback Brett Favre play live. 
  • Came within 4 feet of a very rare Tiger Shark (backstage aquarium tour) 
  • Did lots of watersliding through shark tanks
  • Had my photo taken with Mickey Mouse
  • Saw the Disney castle, and shed a tear. 
  • Saw a full size gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian hotel, at "fake" Christmas
  • Wrote a book that spent several weeks on a Best-Sellers List
  • Ran for public office
  • Touched the Pacific and the Atlantic oceans in the same year
  • Climbed to the top of a (small) mountain
  • Saw U2, Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Prince and Def Leopard in concert(s)
  • Stayed at the Bellagio Hotel in Vegas
  • Bought a struggling restaurant and turned it into a veritable hot spot
  • Catered "lunch" at 2AM to a movie set for a big name actor
  • Rode a huge roller coaster & overcame my life-long fear. 
  • Owned a convertible and a classic car
It sure sounds awesome when you put it in a list! I really had no idea that I'd lived such an exciting decade. It sure sounds that way. I can hardly believe that's me...my life. When I look in the mirror... I see a dull boring person, with no social life, who obsesses about work and family. I see a woman getting older by the minute and missing out on more than I participate in. But maybe I need a new mirror... that all sounds pretty adventuresome and dynamic to me right now. 

What will the future hold? I'm pretty excited to find out and keep the list growing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment